Saturday, April 26, 2008

New Zealand - North Island - Hot Water Beach & Catheral Cove

Located at the east of of North Island, Hot Water Beach & Catheral Cove in Coromandel unveil an amazing view of the Pacific Ocean. The night before my adventure to the attractions, I stayed at YHA backpackers' hostel at Whitianga. This is a hostel with great sea view, kayaking and ping pong game facility. Along our journey to Catheral Cove, there was a sign indicating best spot to view sunrise but argh...I was too late. The sun was already up on the sky!

There are still aplenty stuffs to be seen and do though. Do check out the tides at the hostel before you depart to Hot Water Beach. There are prime time when tides are low and you can dig a hole at the beach and pamper yourself in it as warm water surfaces. It is usually in the evening and early morning.

I parked my car and took almost an hour's hike to the Catheral Cove. I took a cool picture with the Cove as the background, and it was exactly the same as featured on many travel websites. Check it out below!


8 comments:

Azure Accessories said...

Stunning photos...would love to visit...cheers H

Anonymous said...

Great photos, nice capture of nature's beauty.

deejay said...

informative blog, beautiful picture...

eunice said...

Fascinating photos, I hope I will visit New Zealand one day!

~eunice~
TravelerFolio.com

peiyun said...

Nice photos there!

Wish I can visit New Zealand soon and see it through my own eyes!

Anonymous said...

Been here today..Have a wonderful day!!

Martin MY said...

What an untapped country both New Zealand and the USA. you're photographs just capture the beauty of you travelled locations so well.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dann said...

Like your blog! I am an AVID Travelor too.
Checkout my blog as well.
THE ANDREWS SALZBURG REPORT
Peek inside the journey of a celebrity journalist . . .
http://danndulin.blogspot.com/